We’re open to all kinds of potentials! Here are some ideas.
- Have a special skill or talent? See our wish list or let us know what you can do! We can use painters, gardeners, contractors (know anything about wells?), tree, plant, bird and insect experts and more!
- Adopt a Plot – Take a brief course on what is an invasive, choose a plot in the Arboretum, then you, your family, group or organization begin removing all invasive plants from that area. Maintain the area from May through October by watching for new invasives. Next year choose a new plot!
- Free a Tree – This project can be done solo, with a partner, or by a group just about any time. We have trees that are being strangled by vines and could use a little breathing room. Contact us if you’re interested and we’ll provide a short (10 minute) training, bring gloves and clippers and you’re on your way!
- Photographer or Videographer – We’re always in need of a good photographer who can catch the spirit of our events and programs on film so we can share them in newsletters and social media.
- Marketing Person – Oh, can we use you! Apply now! (Could be good for an intern too!)
- Fund Raising – If you’ve done this before, enjoy it and have some ideas we’d love to hear them!
- Our students have cleared areas for Zen gardens – have ideas for what to put in them? We’d love to hear!
- Refreshments – Our volunteers always appreciate refreshments on Volunteer Days! If you’d like to add or bring some we’d be delighted!
- Plants – Have too many plants? Some need dividing? Donate your extras to the Arboretum for planting or sales.
- Nature Researcher – This is a great project for someone studying landscaping or a Master Gardener. Identify and catalog the flora and fauna at the Arboretum.
- Connect us – Know someone who might want to sponsor us or have something to donate or contribute? Connect us!
If any of these interest you or you have other ideas email us. We’re listening!