The Arboretum is run by GreenAllies, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization operating solely on donations and grants. Because we are not a township, city, state, or federal entity, we are not supported by any tax revenues.
Individuals, small businesses, and institutional donors can support our mission in a number of ways! Help us by giving monetary donations, sign up to be a flash volunteer, attend our volunteer events, offer your services, expertise or just helping hand (we’ll find a place for you!), become a Friend of the Arboretum, or clear out your house of clutter by donating supplies.
All donations are tax-deductible.
- Are you a business? Check out all the great opportunities to showcase your business and support the Arboretum!
- What do you get the person who has everything? How about sponsoring an event in their name? Sponsoring an event can be done by businesses or individuals. it can be advertising, a gift or a memorial. It’s a great way to establish name recognition and link yourself with an organization that does great work and is going places.
- Have a spare $10 or $25 a month? It could make such a difference to the Arboretum! Help us Keep the Lights On and focus our energy on what we do best, creating the Arboretum rather than searching for funding.
Make a donation anytime!
- Does your company match? Check with your HR department. Here’s a partial list.
- Buy on Amazon? Go to smile.amazon.com and choose “GreenAllies” to support. .5% of your purchase will be donated to GreenAllies!
Please only donate items in new or gently worn condition.
Historian (there are people in the area who know the history of the property. It would be great to have it recorded!)
Videographer (someone to take pictures of our events)
Garden tools (shovels, trowels, etc…)
Cement (for small patio and walkway)
Topsoil and compost (for gardens and lawn repair)
Lawn equipment (push mower, leaf blower, etc.)
Clean 5 gallon contractor buckets
Outdoor furniture, benches
Rope hammock – Thanks Emily and thank your friend! We can still use a couple more!
Chairs (folding) – Thanks for yours, Gerry & Jack!
For our community center
12 cup coffee maker
Cold Water Dispenser (5 gal)|
Water Hose (high quality)
Cleaning tools (brooms, dustbrush, dustpan, etc)
Wood burning stove
Doors (must be correct size)
Windows (must be correct size)
Books on nature or native plants
Education supplies (pencils, markers, paper, notepads, etc….)
Microscope & slides
Plastic eggs for our Forest Easter Egg Hunt
Unused gift cards of all kinds
How about eBay? Have some unwanted items that are too good to toss but its time to move? We’re starting an eBay account to raise funds for projects. If you have something salable bring it to a volunteer day or contact Ken about dropping it off at the house. IT IS A TAX DEDUCTIBLE GIFT! (receipts available)
Maybe we missed something you think we can use? Feel free to make suggestions!
Contact Ken with ideas.